Hey there—we’re in need of a stellar Assistant Manager to join our team.
Ready to be the second-in-command of a fast-paced, fun environment? Are you an operations guru with a track record of supporting and cultivating a team of all-stars? And are you ready to embark on a career devoted to the pursuit of fun? If so, read on and see how we roll. The Assistant Manager serves as team captain for a league of extraordinary players. They’re responsible for day-to-day operations while maintaining core parts of our business—like developing the growth of our bowling league relationships. As crusaders of service, these individuals seek out customer feedback to ensure the entire staff is providing a world-class experience.
Our Assistant Managers aid in hiring, training, and developing all departments—delegating duties when necessary and taking the reins in absence of the General Manager. They promote a fun, safe, work environment and strive for high team morale. The hours are similar to those of a restaurant manager—lots of nights and weekends in a fast-paced environment.
The Assistant Manager helps cultivate a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager in all aspects of center operations and floor management, including entertainment, equipment, and property, to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In the General Manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager assumes responsibility for center operations. The Assistant Manager must provide leadership and vision to the center staff in support of Flamingo Bowl’s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently delivers exceptional customer service through the execution of Flamingo Bowl Service Standards. Proactively builds customer relations through soliciting feedback and addressing and resolving customer complaints. Schedules staffing levels to appropriately meet the needs of the business and maximize the customer experience.
- Continuously improves operational execution through attention to detail and adherence to the Flamingo Bowl Operating Standards. Capitalizes business opportunities in the market area by executing company marketing strategies to drive sales in league, open and managed play bowling.
- Develops and maintains league business through effective relationships with league bowlers/officers, adherence to league formats, distribution of announcements of league activities, and the management of other related administrative duties.
- Reviews financial reports with General Manager and helps to develop action plans to grow revenue and control expenses in order to meet or exceed annual budgets.
- Recruits, hires, trains and schedules hourly center staff as part of team management and development responsibilities.
- Leads and influences staff through effective motivation, leveraging individual strengths to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum productivity.
- Promotes positive employee relations including effective delegation of duties, fostering high staff morale, collaborating successfully with the entire management team, upholding Flamingo Bowl Operating Standards, and execution of the Performance Management process.
- Addresses center level HR and Loss Prevention issues by collaborating with the General Manager.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable occupational, health, and safety regulations and laws. Creates an environment where safety comes first and all employees strictly adhere to Flamingo Bowl Operating Standards.
- Ensures total center and parking lot conditions meet or exceed company standards for repair and cleanliness.
- Possesses a strong sense of customer service and interpersonal skills, including high integrity, and respect for all individuals (customers, vendors, and employees)
- Solid communication skills
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnicity, gender, etc.)
- Must also have flexibility with scheduling to support the business as extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are nights, weekends, and holidays
- Thorough working knowledge of POS register systems; experience utilizing word-processing, spreadsheets, inventory, internet, and related PC-based systems
- Basic business math and accounting skills are needed, as well as strong analytical/decision-making skills.