The Counter Desk Attendant provides bowling center customers with prompt, friendly and efficient service; provides customers with proper sizing of bowling equipment (ball and shoes) while maintaining cleanliness and organizational standards of equipment throughout the facility; and ensures maximum utilization of lanes and equipment through efficient control of customer flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Greets customers pleasantly and provides information on center programs and services, promotions, pricing and specials. Answers phones in a professional and pleasant manner and takes reservations.
- Accurately assigns rental shoes, lockers, and billiards tables.
- Cleans, sprays and disinfects rental shoes upon return.
- Tracks lane availability, assigns open lanes, prepares for leagues and starts leagues on time.
- Accurately rings sales at counter and follows cash control procedures. May be responsible for opening and/or closing cash procedures.
- Promptly notifies mechanic of pinspotter/pinsetter malfunctions and logs all malfunctions on a call sheet.
- Assists customers with basic bowling instructions. Explains and troubleshoots automatic scoring equipment.
- Operates POS equipment, central panel, computers and P/A system.
- Readily assists colleagues with miscellaneous duties to prevent delays in the customer service experience.
- Promptly assists and responds to all customer questions or requests by immediately taking ownership of the inquiry and guiding to resolution. Interacts with customers as they leave the facility, thanking them for their business and inviting them back.
- Proactively ensures that a clean, safe environment is maintained at all times. Follows all company safety and security operating standards; reports accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays, as well as, extended workdays to support business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Counter Desk Attendants possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including respect for all individuals and solid communication skills. Counter Desk Attendants must be strong team players. Knowledge of and adherence to workplace safety procedures and basic PC user skills highly preferred. Must meet the minimum age required by company operating standards.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent and a full service restaurant and/or hospitality experience preferred but not required. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable. Must have a proven record of success in school and/or previous job experiences.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with help and/or assistance.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center environment where high levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.