The Lane Attendant provides pleasant and efficient customer service to bowling center customers, and maintains the sanitation and cleanliness of a bowling center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Empties trash canisters in kitchen and bar areas as needed. Empties all trash, cleans trash receptacles as needed and provides new trash bags.
- Responds to accidental spills and messes in and around the center, to include parking lot.
- Keeps dumpster area, parking lot, sidewalk, grass area and flower beds free of debris. Keeps aisles and walkways dry and free of obstructions.
- Vacuums carpeted areas daily and grooms edges with a crevice nozzle to remove dirt along wall and other vertical surfaces.
- Cleans ceiling tiles, fans and light fixtures, HVAC and return air vents.
- Keeps all ball returns and scoring tables free of dirt, dust, graffiti and rosin.
- Sanitizes and cleans toilets, sinks and urinals. Fills all paper towel, soap, and toilet dispensers.
- Removes house balls from ball returns and places them on house ball racks after customers leave the lane.
- Assists server and runner with set up of event tables and displays.
- Readily assists colleagues with miscellaneous duties to prevent delays in the customer service experience. Examples include running food to customers and washing dishes.
- Performs minor building maintenance tasks.
- Lane Attendants must be TABC certified within the first 14 days of employment.
- Follows all company safety and security operating standards; reports accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to management.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays, as well as, extended workdays to support business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years of age, Lane Attendants should possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals and solid communication skills. Porters must be strong team players and have the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Proven record of success in school and/or previous job experiences. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, 100 pounds with help and/or assistance.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center environment where high levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.